- You can get to a text terminal using alt-ctrl-F1.
- Check the LightDM logs in /var/log/lightdm.
- Stop LightDM with sudo stop lightdm.
- You can try LightDM again with sudo start lightdm.
- If you have another display manager you want to try (e.g. gdm) start that: sudo start gdm.
- You can set the default display manager by running sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm.
- Check your system is up to date, especially video drivers.
- File a bug. If you're not sure where the cause is (lightdm / unity-greeter / unity / X / kernel) file against lightdm and the bug will be triaged and reassigned.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Many things can go wrong in a graphics stack. If you can't see any graphics or see corrupt graphics the following might help:
The "Home" setting is the address you want people to type in their browser to reach your WordPress blog. The "Site URL"...
Settings -> Template -> Edit HTML -> Jump to widget: choose Attribution1 Change locked from "true" to "false"...
According to: https://developers.google.com/+/api/ : The Google+ API currently provides read-only access to public data. The Google+ ...
Change to the bin directory $ cd wildfly-[version]/bin Start the server in domain mode $ ./domain.sh Start the server in standalone ...
BuddyPress claims to be able to offer site-wide forums without being group-specific. However, when I install site-wide forums, nothing on m...
The following codes are the same, they are just shown on different formats. Choose the one you like. ''' @author: it.i88.ca ...
There are different ways to switch tabs using keyboard shortcuts like: To switch to the next tab: Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+PgDown To switch to...
Shortcut keys are super time saver . Never use the mouse again to do the same old things on Gmail. Here are some of them: c - compose ne...
MySQL procedure: DELIMITER $$ CREATE DEFINER=`i88`@` 192.168 .%` PROCEDURE ` test_only ` () BEGIN select now () as now ; END Pytho...
Create a maven project in Eclipse. Choose "maven-archetype-webapp" as your archetype. For this web app to run on the server, yo...