[HDGEM] Tracker is a synergy of technologies that are designed to provide a highly sophisticated, innovative and integrated desktop.
Tracker provides the following:
- Indexer for desktop search (for more details see this spec : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntegratedDesktopSearch)
- Tag database for doing keyword tagging of any object
- Extensible metadata database for apps like gedit and rhythmbox which need to add custom metadata to files
- Database for first class objects allows using tracker's database for storage and implementation of First Class Objects and the Gnome 3.0 Model.
How to get rid of processes?
- Disabling tracker for globally (for all users)
/etc/xdg/autostart/trackerd.desktopfile with root privileges (
sudo -i gedit /etc/xdg/autostart/trackerd.desktop)
Hidden=trueto the end of the file
- Do the same for
/etc/xdg/autostart/tracker-applet.desktopif you want
- Disabling tracker for your user only
- Enter the directory
~/.config/autostart, create it if it does not exist
- Create a file named
- Paste the following into the file, save and exit:
[Desktop Entry] Encoding=UTF-8 Name=Tracker Hidden=true
Posted By Blogger to HDGEM at 1/24/2017 07:20:00 AM