According to Equifax, there are several things you can do that may improve a low credit score, including:
• Pay all your bills on time to avoid late payment penalties.
• Check your credit report for errors and correct them with the credit bureau.
• Take note of where you've performed poorly so you can do better (for example, if you consistently pay your bills late, make it a priority to start paying on time).
• Pay down your credit cards and other revolving debt to reduce your credit usage.
• Make more than the minimum payment on your credit cards to reduce your balance faster.
• Don't go over your credit limit and use only a percentage of your available credit.
• Be cautious when seeking more credit and take on credit wisely.