- Install the Xming software.
- If you have not already done so, download putty.exe from the PuTTY site and install it.
- Run Xming on your PC to start the X server. You should see the Xming icon in the taskbar if it is running (although you may have to click the little arrow in the taskbar to see it)
- Run PuTTY and set things up as follows:
- Enter the server name in Host Name
- Make sure the Connection type is set to SSH
- Enable X11 forwarding (Connection > SSH > X11)
- Log in using your normal IU username and passphrase
- Once you are logged into the linux system, you can just run the GUI program of your choice and it will display on your PC.
Jan 19, 2018
Run graphical programs remotely from a Linux server on Windows
sudo apt install ibus-sunpinyin After either of those commands do not forget to restart the IBus daemon ibus restart You might need t...
Reset password of Jenkins Prefer way, No securities were harmed See also: What is Jenkins' initial admin password To res...
Please see www.vmware.com/go/sysadmintools for details. The ESXi Shell can be disabled by an administrative user. See the vSphere Secu...
Google Arts & Culture app - find out which masterpiece most closely resembles your one-of-a-kind visage.The app is available for iPhone and Android
Change to the bin directory $ cd wildfly -[ version ]/ bin Start the server in domain mode $ ./ domain . sh Start the server in standa...
With 88,000 Fewer Jobs
Amazon simplified an agreement with customers over how it processes their information.
Redhat Linux: free command To display amount of free and used memory (including total in the system), enter: $ free -m $ free -g $ free...
In case your Jenkins CI fails to complete building your project but only logging the following: ERROR: Maven JVM terminated unexpectedly w...
Go to: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/OSISO Input valid Service Tag & Verification Code then click Submit . Cl...
From weekend warriors to Disney marketers, AutoML Vision lets anyone use a drag-and-drop interface to upload images and train, manage, and d...