Setup Email Professionally
- Setting Up Your Name to Show up Instead of Your Address – When you send an email, it should show your name in the “from” field. Sometimes people have it set to just show their email address.
- Include Your Full Name – Some people like to use just their first name, but when the person receiving your message is scanning a list and sees “Tom,” it may be difficult for them to know which “Peter” the message is from.
- Avoid Complicated Formatting – Keep in mind that the email that looks really nicely formatted on your email client may get butchered by your recipient’s.
- Use Something Professional for the Username such as [email protected] or [email protected]
- Use Your Own Domain If you like Gmail, you can get a customized version of the service by signing up here.
- Avoid Long Signatures – Two to four lines should be more than enough.
- Don’t Use a Nickname